Sunday, July 6, 2008

San Fransisco

Two weekends ago I decided to step out of my comfort zone...I went on vacation by MYSELF to San Fransisco. It was a last minute decision but proved to be one trip I will never forget. I saw and experienced things I wouldn't change for the world. I ate amazing food, saw amazing sights, meet amazing people. I was blown away how friendly people were and willing to have such interesting conversations.

I did do the touristy things like going to Fisherman's Wharf, China Town, Union Square, Golden Gate Park. They were all great...but what I really loved was walking up and down the streets and going into the little stores and restaurants. I loved hearing Frank Jackson and his jazz band play at Pearl's. Pearl's is a very quaint notorious jazz place, he was amazing!!!!! Dancing until 4:00 a.m. my pore little legs couldn't take anymore. In Golden Gate Park A band called Life House was playing a free concert (fun treat), beautiful botanical gardens. My favorite part of the park was the De Young Museum where they were featuring a world renowned glass blower named Dale Chihuly. If you ever have the opportunity to see his work DO IT!!!!! The most important thing I learned about my trip was being alone...eating, sleeping, walking alone. Very difficult when you have been a mother 1/3 of your life. Great experience!!!! I would go back to San Fransisco again in a heartbeat, although I think I would take someone with me.

No comments: